From the Netherlands

We love hearing from you, so here is your chance. Introduce yourself and tell us what makes you selfsufficient 'ish'. Go on don't be shy, we welcome one and all. You can also tell us how you heard about us if you like.
Homesteadingwitch
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

From the Netherlands

:wave:

I"m just your average selfsufficient-wannabe. Mum of 5 (3 still in the nest). We live in an average town, in a slightly smaller than average house with a bit of garden in the front and back. 3 chickens for fun and eggs. And a few rabbits for cuddles and meat.

I grow food in every spare inch of garden I can find and am totally into baking, cooking, canning, knitting and all that. I'm looking for a friendly place to hang out without being deemed: "Strange" as my neighbours tend to do.

I"m looking forward to reading and sharing here.

bonniethomas06
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: From the Netherlands

Hi Homesteadingwitch, nice to meet you.

I think you have come to the right place - although things are a little quiet around here at the moment as the forum is having some technical issues - something to do with string apparently(!) but keep an eye out.

Lol, had to laugh, 'cuddles and meat'. Not the same rabbit hopefully! Look forward to hearing about your adventures.

Bonnie
"A pretty face is fine, but what a farmer needs is a woman who can carry a pig under each arm"

My blog...

http://www.theparttimesmallholder.blogspot.com

tosca
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Hello. :wave:

diggernotdreamer
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome. We seem to be firing on all cylinders now, all searches working. Lots of interesting stuff back in time have a look. :wave:

Homesteadingwitch
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

"Lol, had to laugh, 'cuddles and meat'. Not the same rabbit hopefully! Look forward to hearing about your adventures."

*grin*

Well mummy and daddy rabbit are for cuddles. They have names and are treated as pets.
Their offspring however are destined for meat and fur.
I do cuddle them a bit though. I want them to be tame enough so that they won't freak out when getting handled and well.. I'll spare you the details. :D

Homesteadingwitch
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Thanks for the welcome! :D