hello

We love hearing from you, so here is your chance. Introduce yourself and tell us what makes you selfsufficient 'ish'. Go on don't be shy, we welcome one and all. You can also tell us how you heard about us if you like.
Big Al
A selfsufficientish Regular

hello

I guess i should put this in this index having been away for so long.
Well i'm back ! It's been a really tough year or so since I was sectioned for missing the last bus to pluto or wherever I was going via the fairy cakes in T***o's car parkhttp://www.selfsufficientish.com/forum/ ... =4&t=27291 but things have calmed down a bit now. I managed to get back to work in late January this year which lasted for 6 weeks which was an achievement I was happy with but then had to leave. I got another job in june for 9 weeks this time but when that finished I decided ot try JSA or job seekers allowance as there was no help from the disabillity lot but then I got a kick in the teeth last week when I was told the rules had changed from January this year.
If I had less than 12 months working and paying stamp then they would assess my claim on my past years 2011 and 2012 for contributions.
As many know you used ot get full stamp if you were ill but the rules changed in January retrospectivly so if you were ill or disabled then you only get 1/2 stamp.
The upshot of it all is I am not entitled to any benefit either JSA or ESA ( the new Incapacity benefit). So I have no income and my wife earns £900 ish full time per month so we both have to live on that with the mortgage at £450 and the car ( needed for the jobs) £280.

The thing is last october I wasn't able to be worried about this but I am now so I guess that's an improvement, Right??

Anyway, I'm back here for now so you can all run and hide and for the new ones since i was last here I am a sarcastic £$%"t so with time you will learn to ignore me,lol.

Take care everyone,

Still Big Al.
Member of the Ishloss weight group 2013. starting weight 296.00 pounds on 01.01.2013. Now minus 0.20 pounds total THIS WEEK - 0.20 pounds Now over 320 pounds and couldn't give a fig...
Secret Asparagus binger

trinder
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: hello

Hi Big Al , Welcome back. I have always lurked here but rarely log in, so no one knows :icon_smile: I am so glad you came back, you never know some bright spark on here will wave the magic wand and you will find a way through this hard/ impossible situation you find yourself in.
A friend of mine found herself in a really bad financial situation. Having just £6 a week to feed herself with! I heard this week that she has got another job and will be much better off financially as well as having a job (she has done before) she enjoys.

Keep hanging in there. good luck. Oh and before you start ranting chew on one of these
wasp.JPG
wasp.JPG (115.26 KiB) Viewed 6625 times
On the issue of animals for research "The question is not, 'Can they reason?' nor, 'Can they talk?' but rather, 'Can they suffer?'" Jeremy Bentham

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Hey Al, glad you're back. I hope things pick up for you soon. :hugish:

I visit the forum every day but rarely post much. Things are very busy up here - my gal and I opened the bakery we've been talking about for so long. Not good for the waistline but someone has to do the quality control! :lol:
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin

Carltonian Man

Hey Al, welcome back big fella, was wondering how you were getting on.

boboff

Mr Al

Hello and welcome back, sorry to hear of your troubles, shockingly rubbish in all regards.

Did you manage to get that Halloween costume off of Asda before it was pulled?

Where's Ancient Jerry gone too?
Millymollymandy wrote:Bloody smilies, always being used. I hate them and they should be banned.
No I won't use a smiley because I've decided to turn into Boboff, as he's turned all nice all of a sudden. Grumble grumble.
http://boboffs.blogspot.co.uk/