Another new member saying hi!

We love hearing from you, so here is your chance. Introduce yourself and tell us what makes you selfsufficient 'ish'. Go on don't be shy, we welcome one and all. You can also tell us how you heard about us if you like.
Sam316
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Another new member saying hi!

Hello everyone,
Sam here, just saying hi and introducing myself.
I'm a 27 year old English born and raised guy who to be honest barely spends anytime in UK anymore. I'm an extensive traveller and at 16 realised there was a big wide world out there, and i havent kept still ever since! I am very interested in a self sufficient lifestyle when my itchy feet finally calm down a bit. I imagine I will finally settle in Africa somewhere and hope to set up my own self sustaible farming project, but who knows when and if that'll ever happen!
I joined the forum to just swot up on everything I can really, and learn from all you brainy self sufficienters out there!
My first question is, does anyone know of any good self sufficient UK or South African based magazines?? I'd like to subscribe to one but no idea which is a good 'un! I have seen the home farmer adverts on here but would like to hear of a wide range of magazine choices and opinions before I decide.
Thanks in advance,
Sam.

Milims
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Another new member saying hi!

Hi there and welcome :wave:
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
But damn it how happy we'll be!
Edward Monkton

Member of the Ish Weight Loss Club since 10/1/11 Started at 12st 8 and have lost 8lb so far!

Jandra
Living the good life
Living the good life

Welcome. Not sure if you'd be interested in Permaculture, but there is a Permaculture Magazine. Not always full of really practical stuff, as far as I've seen, but might be inspiring if you are into permaculture-ish.

123sologne
Living the good life
Living the good life

Hi Sam and welcome! :wave:

I can't help you with the magazines, but I hope you find an answer and keep on enjoying your travelling for now. Are you currently in SA? Hubby lived down there for many years, lovely place. Being selfsufficent-ish in Africa should certainly be more simple to do than in Europe where regulations can be a serious pain (They certainly are in France)... Good luck on all your projects. :iconbiggrin:

MuddyWitch
latitude: 52.643985
longitude: -1.052939

Welcome to ISH :flower:

'Home Farmer' gets my vote (& annual subscription!) if that helps :dontknow:

MW
If it isn't a Greyhound, it's just a dog!

Sam316
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Hi guys,
Thanks for the welcome's!!

Caroline I'm not in SA at the moment, visiting family in UK for a few weeks right now and then off to Australia for a year to do agricultural work and a bit of travelling. But SA is high on the list for where I'd like to settle in a few years, or perhaps Kenya!