It all started like this…

We love hearing from you, so here is your chance. Introduce yourself and tell us what makes you selfsufficient 'ish'. Go on don't be shy, we welcome one and all. You can also tell us how you heard about us if you like.
grahamhobbs
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: It all started like this…

I actually love giving stuff away and do so frequently just for the pleasure of sharing, it's the ones, as you say, who don't place any real value on stuff that get my goat - thankfully they're in the minority.
I think this is a serious issue and one I would like someone to throw some light on because all my life I have never been money orientated, giving up better paid jobs to do something more interesting. I always enjoyed sharing things with people and giving my time and labour to help people. It seems that for a small number of people this works well and they respect it, but then the rest include people who's sole object is to make money and get one over you. Giving to them appears to be simply a sign of weakness to be exploited. I have really been shafted by them.

As money doesn't mean much to me, I shrug it off, but it really pains me that people can do this sort of thing. I simply cannot understand what they get out of it, to trample on generosity for the sake of a few quid (ok, sometimes more than a few quid), what motivates them, what is missing in their lives - can anyone explain this to me?

sara
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

welcome :wave:

it was interesting to hear about you and your family hope you enjoy the site

sara
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

ps congratulations and good luck with the new baby when he/she arrives , my baby is 4 months old next week he is the best thing I ever didx

chrissie
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

Welcome from the rainy north-west also.

Has anyone ever thought of setting up a business making wellington boots?

After the last 2 weeks up here, they would be almost millionaires!!

chrissie
More than a business: A way of life!
http://www.we-go-eco.org.uk

matt_w

I suppose they see us in the same way we see them, perhaps we will never truely understand each other. I try to understand pschology, however I think I am just a confused bystander most of the time.

Let's hope we all find a nice circle of like minded friends :)

indy
Living the good life
Living the good life

Hello and Welcome, Nice to see you here!! Happy Ishing :wave:
Sing like nobody's listening, live like there's no tomorrow, dance like nobody's watching and love like you've never been hurt.

matt_w

SusieGee wrote:Sorry Matt I think I inadvertently pressed the admin edit button instead of quote and modified your post :oops: how very embarrasing - I shall probably be hung drawn and quartered for my sins. Just wanted to say I think you have found those friends here.

I demand a recount... I demand a public enquiry.... I demand I have the right to demand something! Teeheehee...

:grouphug:

Right then, back to the cider tasting...

benner
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

matt_w wrote:I personally feel that (especially the south of UK) has become more selfish and self centred over the last few years, it's the crazy materialistic cycle we seem to be going through.
I'd generally agree with that statement!

Welcome to ish, where in Hants are you? ...If you don't mind me asking.

Ben
Sitting on the fence isn't without it's risks

Millymollymandy

SusieGee wrote:Sorry Matt I think I inadvertently pressed the admin edit button instead of quote and modified your post :oops: how very embarrasing - I shall probably be hung drawn and quartered for my sins. Just wanted to say I think you have found those friends here.
Hee hee I think that happens to all admins at least once, whoever designed this kind of board and put the edit button next to the quote button shouldn't be a software designer! :roll: :iconbiggrin:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

matt_w

benner wrote:
matt_w wrote:I personally feel that (especially the south of UK) has become more selfish and self centred over the last few years, it's the crazy materialistic cycle we seem to be going through.
I'd generally agree with that statement!

Welcome to ish, where in Hants are you? ...If you don't mind me asking.

Ben
I can be all posh and say a small village called Chineham just North of Basingstoke... Or I could simply say Basingstoke, as Chineham was once a village that was developed about 30 years ago and is your average modern house maze (just outside Basingstoke)... take your pick ;-) Pleasant place though :)

Anyone else around 'ere?

benner
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

My very brief venture into playing rugby was abruptly ended gainst Chineham 2nd XV. 2 years of physio and it still hurts. :(

Now I just dig... that hurts too! :scratch:
Sitting on the fence isn't without it's risks