miniature sheep

Do you keep livestock? Having any problems? Want to talk about it, whether it be sheep, goats, chickens, pigs, bees or llamas, here is your place to discuss.
colours
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

miniature sheep

Hi, I'm in Australia and after a couple of miniature sheep. Unfortunately I've just found out that I have a 2 year wait (they are rare here) and I'm not a patient person. Does anyone know anything about importing sheep? I'm quite confident that it will probably be more effort than it's worth.

Cheers,

Colours.
Why does life get faster, the older you get?

Thomzo
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular
Facebook Name: Zoe Thomas

Re: miniature sheep

I can't help at all I'm afraid but I'd never heard of them, so I Googled miniature sheep and now I'm hooked.

How much land do you need to keep a couple of miniature sheep?

Cheers
Zoe

sortanormalish
Barbara Good
Barbara Good
latitude: 85.0
longitude: 35.0

Can't help you at all, but I love miniature farm animals. My favorites of all the livestock we have are the Nigerian Dwarf goats, Tennessee Fainting goats and the Dexter cattle, though none are technically miniatures because there isn't a full size version. Well, they aren't my only favorites, I also love the earless goats. This year's babies are so cute. I digress.

When you say miniature sheep, do you want babydoll sheep?
"You are a strange little mouse."
"Thank you." -Tale of Despereaux

colours
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

oh no, that's what I don't need. Another obsession. Looks like I have some more googling to do. Earless goats? Fainting? That would be great for kids parties.

The miniature sheep I assume wouldn't need much land at all. I'm not an expert though. They're tiny! If only they would bark at strangers, the world would be a better place!
Why does life get faster, the older you get?

sortanormalish
Barbara Good
Barbara Good
latitude: 85.0
longitude: 35.0

I'll try to get a picture of the earless goats and attach it tomorrow morning. The fainting goats don't actually faint, they have myotonia. It does make them rather easy to catch though :lol:
"You are a strange little mouse."
"Thank you." -Tale of Despereaux