anyone watched survivors from the 1970s

Do you think The Good Life could be remade, with me or Dave playing Tom Good (maybe not!)? If you have seen something on TV or heard something on the radio recently that you want to talk about, tell us here.
bogit & legit
Tom Good
Tom Good

anyone watched survivors from the 1970s

im in the middle of watching it at the mo,on series 3 its a good old series recommended.its all about self-sufficiency,survivol,wind power mehane...etc
more info here:
http://www.survivorstvseries.com/What_Is_Survivors.htm
"You know, I think it's the life you lead, meself. Well, it's bound to take it's toll in't it? Fags....Booze....Fellers...ruin a Carthorse would that." - Hilda Ogden on Bet Lynch's fading beauty. Coronation Street 1982

Muddypause
A selfsufficientish Regular
Location: Urban Berkshire, UK (one day I'll find the escape route)

I remember that; it was one of my favourite programmes at the time. Are you watching it on DVD, or is it on satellite?

Can't help feeling it might have dated just a smidgeon.
Stew

Ignorance is essential

bogit & legit
Tom Good
Tom Good

im watching on dvd mate!!

regards b&g
"You know, I think it's the life you lead, meself. Well, it's bound to take it's toll in't it? Fags....Booze....Fellers...ruin a Carthorse would that." - Hilda Ogden on Bet Lynch's fading beauty. Coronation Street 1982

Thurston Garden

My OH is totally into Sci-Fi/Dodgy Deacons & Wobbly Swords, and I stupidly dismissed Survivors as his normal Sci-Fi stuff. Last week he convinced me to watch the first series on DVD. I was engrossed! Although 30 odd years old now, it probably is more relevant now than in the 70's.

Someone tell me there was more than one series......
Thurston Garden.

http://www.thurstongarden.wordpress.com
Greenbelt is a Tory Policy and the Labour Party intends to build on it. (John Prescott)

bogit & legit
Tom Good
Tom Good

yes glad you enjoyed it mate,theres another 2 series of this and just finished waching them last week..... dare i say it i been to visit a couple of shooting locations from the fourth horseman (the first episode series 1)went to a couple of villages today ,little comberton & emley castle two very nice little places well worth a visit took some photos to.

cheers bogit & legit

Thurston Garden

It had to happen sooner or later! New Series gets the green light!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Thurston Garden.

http://www.thurstongarden.wordpress.com
Greenbelt is a Tory Policy and the Labour Party intends to build on it. (John Prescott)

kiery
Tom Good
Tom Good

Watched the first two series on DVD for the first time two years ago and was hooked.

I think it was pretty ground breaking for the 1970s, having two female lead roles.

I did think the series 2 got a bit bogged down with certain areas and characters though. What is the third series like?

Can't wait for the remake.

Blue
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

I watched it as a lad and loved it . I saw it again on UK Gold a few years back and liked it even more.
But to be able to get it on DVD well thats all my Birthdays come at once.
1 Thing how much did it cost. and what about UKnova.
Nicky(Blue)
It takes two somtimes??