Meet The Natives

Do you think The Good Life could be remade, with me or Dave playing Tom Good (maybe not!)? If you have seen something on TV or heard something on the radio recently that you want to talk about, tell us here.
Super.Niki
Living the good life
Living the good life

Meet The Natives

Not really sure if this fits into a "self sufficientish" board... but here goes!

Has anyone seen this before (not sure if tonight is the first episode) it's amazing...

It's on channel four right now (started at 9pm)

This tribe from the other side of the planet (yes I've forgotten what is was called already...) have come over to England to live here for a few weeks... and it's just so amazing they're talking about pig farming and how they see it as REALLY stange that we use artificial insemination... it's just so amazing to see how they react to how we live...

best quote so far: "the tribe called the English middle class" :mrgreen:

anyone else seen it? What did you think?
If I have seen a little further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants.

Eigon
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

I read about this - I loved the bit where they went to Madame Tussaud's and spent an hour hugging the waxwork of Prince Philip (who they consider to be a god!)
"The best way to get real enjoyment out of the garden isto put on a wide straw hat, hold a little trowel in one hand and a cool drink in the other, and tell the man where to dig."
Charles Barr

QuakerBear
A selfsufficientish Regular

Saw it last night. I thought it was quite well done. I was worried that there would be too much emphasis on how strange the Vanuatu men were. But it wasn't too bad and I think they made a good job of showing how similar the cultures are, such as how they teased each other and how the English can be abit strange when you look at them.

I'm looking forward to next week.

If you want to know more about why they worship Prince Philip (I'd love to hear what he says about his deification, it probably couldn't be printed though :wink: ) look up Cargo Cults on Wikipedia. There's been allot of anthropological work done on them.
QuakerBear

Super.Niki
Living the good life
Living the good life

I just found it amazing... I know when you think about it it's just because we're used to things (like hoovers...) but the way they thought about things was amazing... it's usually only something you see in movies!
I only saw the first episode and want to see the rest! The hoover was pretty funny (not in a taking the P out of them way but funny how thy thought it was an animal!)
"I think I've killed it"
"what did you do?"
"just touched it"
"now it's dead...I'm still slightly afraid"

Shirley

I just watched the last episode... what a brilliant programme. I wish I'd seen it all.
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

9ball
Living the good life
Living the good life

I've got all these stored on the Humax and haven't seen any yet - they sound really good. Mental note to catch up during my break from digging up the front garden tomorrow
Tom

Super.Niki
Living the good life
Living the good life

:( missed the last one... but it's recorded at home1 (as in with mum, dad, Finny and Smelly... oops I mean Fee! :mrgreen: not a uni!) so when I go back I can see it! Was it good anyone who watched it?

On a lighter note though... ROBIN HOOD'S BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love10: Jonas Armstrong & Richard Armitage :love4: mmm... ok I'm off to watch 2X01 again... for about the 10000th time!! :mrgreen: