The Wild Gourmets

Do you think The Good Life could be remade, with me or Dave playing Tom Good (maybe not!)? If you have seen something on TV or heard something on the radio recently that you want to talk about, tell us here.
9ball
Living the good life
Living the good life

The Wild Gourmets

The Wild Gourmets is on C4 tonight at 8:30 after Joliver. Might be interesting as an outdoorsman and some masterchef woman go to live off the land. The cynic within me expects it to be more style over substance but there might be some good foraging tips. Be warned, according to a few reviews the pair seem to rather self congratulatory. Hopefully it won't be hugely inspiring to a load of people, the OH is very worried about hundreds of people going foraging for OUR mushrooms.
Jolivers doing spuds tonight - I've enjoyed this series so far, apart from the contrived scrapbook graphics bits.
Tom

Millymollymandy
A selfsufficientish Regular

Jamie Oliver doesn't know the first thing about growing veg!!!!! He stated that from one chitted sprout of a spud you'd get 20-30 spuds and if you keep earthing them up you will get 20-30 KILOS per plant. :roll: He then demonstrated how to plant a couple of seed spuds and in putting one in the soil and pulling a few handfulls of dirt over it he pulled the other one out.

I also loved watching his spanish omelette sink rather splendidly when he got it out of the oven. Ours are a lot better, and so is my (OK actually Delia's :lol: ) warm potato salad, especially as the amount of dill he covered everything in would have been fairly inedible.

And why on earth did he take the skins off his fresh out of the ground new potatoes???????? :shock: :shock: :shock:

The only good thing about last night's programme was that for once he actually cooked veg without adding extremely expensive other ingredients i.e. fillet steak and monkfish - just the sort of thing the average person can afford to go with their home grown veg. :roll:

The other prog was not my cup of tea at all.

mrsflibble
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

liked the wild gourmets but
1. those artichokes were not wild.
2. wtf was she doing with thet flipping rabbit? ffs even I know how to skin one properly and I live in a flat rather than a yurt!!
3. nope. that's all I have.
oh wait, 3. I can see why Thomasina's never had a proper TV job since she won Masterchef.
4. WTF was her problem in killing the snail? it's a means to a tasty self-caught fishy end!
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very
ve-he-he-he-heryyyyyyy soooooooooooon!!!!

Cheezy

It's a bit of an odd one this wild gourmet.

Saw the last installment along with joliver's chillie episode. Still quite like joliver, he's at least enthusiastic, (though I am v jealous over that "kitchen" garden and the wood oven).
I like that Brian the gardener, v dry, and there's joiliver going on about his chillie addiction so Brian gives him a bit of what looked like a Dorset Nargel...heheh, Brian never flinched when he tasted it.

Back to Tomasina, the program is a bit dodgy, well intended probably ,the wildman is obiously mainly eye candy as he's always got his arse out :roll:

Don't know if anyone has got her charity book Soup Kitchen, it's a collection of soup recipes from famous chef's, it's bloody brillient.
It's not easy being Cheezy
So you know how great Salsify is as a veg, what about Cavero Nero,great leaves all through the winter , then in Spring sprouting broccolli like flowers! Takes up half as much room as broccolli

circlecross

bit put off by the whole arse out thing - it's only tantalising if you catch a glimpse, not having a brown starfish poked onto your nose.

The latest episode with the "wild" ingredients was a bit annoying - shooting game, and visiting a mate to pick a load of stuff that isn't really wild?

I was expecting a cross between Hugh "Cook on the Wild Side" and that chap who eats roadkill, but it's just jolly hockeysticks and flashing.

Jolliver (how much do I like that portmanteau?!) I find him irksome in his presentation, but do like that hairy old gardener, wish I had one in my garden!
"yum, yum, piggy's bum!"

http://www.myspace.com/circlecross_73