dumped

Do you think The Good Life could be remade, with me or Dave playing Tom Good (maybe not!)? If you have seen something on TV or heard something on the radio recently that you want to talk about, tell us here.
catalyst
Living the good life
Living the good life

i am with stonehead on this one (again).
a better approach may have been to just walk around somewhere like brighton on a bin night (where all my furniture and much more came from when i lived there) and taking a look in the supermarket skips at the decent food they throw away - some even poor bleach over it so scavengers/poor people cant take it home...
this programme is trivialising the issue.

mrsflibble
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular
Location: Essex, uk, clay soil, paved w.facing very enclosed garden w/ planters

I'm with Stonehead too. it's trivialising the issues we all face. and those poeple needed a good slap.

I have one hell of a lot of stuff from freecycle; and have given a lot too...
as for bindiving, the stereo (complete with speakers) hooked up to my PC came out of our communal bins, as did one of our shelving units, the speaker wire for our livingroom stereo set up, our old toaster, my friend Cahrlotte's double bed, her living room shelves etc... there was a washing machine in there 2 weeks ago but that went quickly too. all done by darkness. our neighbour gave my hubby his old wheel ramps 'cos my hubby does all his own work on our car and our neighbour gets his car serviced by goodness knows who.

I would love to have a go at bindiving on a proper refuse tip, but I'm a bit too scared of the nasty stuff I might find like other people's nappies, needles, tampons etc.
oh how I love my tea, tea in the afternoon. I can't do without it, and I think I'll have another cup very
ve-he-he-he-heryyyyyyy soooooooooooon!!!!