Doomsday preppers

Do you think The Good Life could be remade, with me or Dave playing Tom Good (maybe not!)? If you have seen something on TV or heard something on the radio recently that you want to talk about, tell us here.
oldfella
A selfsufficientish Regular
latitude: 44.564
longitude: 0.959

Re: Doomsday preppers

Watched this with interest, and then realised that in advent of DOOMSDAY that first thing you do is to go out, and shoot as many other Preppers as possible to get their food and water supply's. Hmm don't think I will bother.

When it all starts to Happen, I think I shall take a few books down to the cellar, open a bottle and continue in that way, no matter how many bottles it takes me, before I kiss my a__e goodbye.
I can't do great things, so I do little things with love.

Mrs Moustoir
Living the good life
Living the good life

Never mind about Doomsday, I think the "preppers" for Christmas in our town are enough. :shock:

Having lived abroad for a few years, I'm out of practice at UK supermarket shopping. You'd think they were shopping for a siege rather than a two day holiday.

I was in Marksies today and it was horrible. :pale:

Skippy
Living the good life
Living the good life

I understand what you mean about the "Christmas preppers". My sister in law is a pretty good cook but everything has to be just "right". She was around our house talking with my wife about the dinner on christmas day and when she started to plan the meal begining with a starter my wife suggested beetroot soup as we have had a pretty good crop. She also suggested the beetroots in orange sauce that we had seen on the link in the beetroot thread in the veg forum here. Her sister was almost horrified, "you don't have beetroot soup on christmas day" she said .
So evidently we're having a salmon mousse, more proper and of course shop brought.

Pete

safronsue
Living the good life
Living the good life

booo! i'm still here. you still here?

The Riff-Raff Element

safronsue wrote:booo! i'm still here. you still here?
So far. Apparently, my children tell me, 17:45 (French time) is the crucial moment. Best dig out some clean underwear, I suppose.

oldfella

." Best dig out some clean underwear, I suppose"
Why bother Jon, no one is going to around to see the state you left your underwear in.

The Riff-Raff Element

oldfella wrote:." Best dig out some clean underwear, I suppose"
Why bother Jon, no one is going to around to see the state you left your underwear in.
There might be aliens, and I expect the cockroaches will survive.

okra
Living the good life
Living the good life
latitude: 35.0
longitude: 33.4

11:11 UK time but I predict we will all still be here

oldfella

:director:

HELLO IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE

Zech
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 52.36
longitude: -3.84

No, just you and the cockroaches :wink:
---
Rachel

Take nobody's word for it, especially not mine! If I offer you an ID of something based on a photo, please treat it as a guess, and a starting point for further investigations.

My blog: http://growingthingsandmakingthings.blogspot.com/

oldjerry

Americans really are bonkers.

Well amongst a population of 200 million or so,you're going to get a few nutjobs( For Gods Sake nearly 11million brits voted for a double-glazing salesman 2yrs ago how bonkers was that?)

The gun crime is awful, 4th in the world for gun crime death rates, not including the middle east just now of course. Guns should be banned like thay are in the UK. There are too many loonies and bad people in society to allow everyone 'the right' to bear arms.

Guns aren't banned in the UK,neither are horrendous massacres rare..Hungerford?? Dunblane??

I'd look at peoples' exposure to violent images via film,games etc personally. Americans aren't bonkers,their country is a reservoir of the best talent in all fields of endeavour.

oldjerry

I'll just be glad when it's the 22nd,all my mates have been cracking Armageddon jokes like there's no tomorrow.

okra
Living the good life
Living the good life
latitude: 35.0
longitude: 33.4

oldjerry wrote:Americans really are bonkers.

Well amongst a population of 200 million or so,you're going to get a few nutjobs( For Gods Sake nearly 11million brits voted for a double-glazing salesman 2yrs ago how bonkers was that?)

The gun crime is awful, 4th in the world for gun crime death rates, not including the middle east just now of course. Guns should be banned like thay are in the UK. There are too many loonies and bad people in society to allow everyone 'the right' to bear arms.

Guns aren't banned in the UK,neither are horrendous massacres rare..Hungerford?? Dunblane??

I'd look at peoples' exposure to violent images via film,games etc personally. Americans aren't bonkers,their country is a reservoir of the best talent in all fields of endeavour.
Cannot understand the mentality of Americans - the NRA's response to thousands of deaths by right to bear arms is to have more guns by having armed guards in every school.