Shameless Plug!

Do you think The Good Life could be remade, with me or Dave playing Tom Good (maybe not!)? If you have seen something on TV or heard something on the radio recently that you want to talk about, tell us here.
Milims
A selfsufficientish Regular

Shameless Plug!

Tomorrow night - Tuesday - at 9pm there's a program called Turn Back Time - or something like that - on BBC1 at pm. It's about how the hight street has changed. My lovely friends daughter is the producer - so please watch it and tell me what you think!
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
But damn it how happy we'll be!
Edward Monkton

Member of the Ish Weight Loss Club since 10/1/11 Started at 12st 8 and have lost 8lb so far!

MKG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Shameless Plug!

I shall try to watch it. It'll be difficult because it features the "World Champion How Not To Eat With A Spoon" man Greg Wallace. History and him don't go together comfortably, I think. But I will try.

Mike
The secret of life is to aim below the head (With thanks to MMM)

oldjerry

Wouldn't you just love to whack him over his shiny head with 'a loverly playta food' ???

witchwoo
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

oh im looking forward to watching this :)

MuddyWitch
latitude: 52.643985
longitude: -1.052939

We watched it & thought, on the whole, it was really good. I would have bought the Iron monger out! I'd love an old cranked mangle. A large tin bath would be ideal for bathing Orion (6 feet long, 7 1/2 stone greyhound) too. :lol: :lol: :lol:

One critism though: they chose a FEMALE master baker & then expected her hubby to be the baker 'for realism' Hummm...for 'good' telly, methinks! :banghead: (Why do telly people think causing problems or strife equals 'good' telly?) It spoilt the programme for us.

MW
If it isn't a Greyhound, it's just a dog!

Silver Ether

to be honest I though it was very poor ... but I did think the butcher did well ... what a pig ... :shock: :lol:
http://silverether.wordpress.com/

http://www.folksy.com/shops/Silverether

You can be as self-asservative as you like, I said, just so long as you do what you're told.' Esme Weatherwax.

Milims

I had a call from my friend about it this morning. She wasn't too happy about the way the program turned out :( I know her daughter worked really hard on it but there were a number of problems. I did wonder what the point of having wassisname on was - but apparently it was to have a celeb there to encourage people to watch it! I did tell her that it brought up some really good points and some surprising ones too - I didn't know that the victorians used so many "additives"! :pukeright: I also told her that perhaps an explanation as to why they had a female baker and then refused to use her, might have been useful. She agreed that the programe was somewhat disjointed. I feel quite sad about it :( I'm going to watch next week tho :iconbiggrin: It was rather interesting to see peoples reaction to the difference between modern shopping and shopping then
Let us be lovely
And let us be kind
Let us be silly and free
It won't make us famous
It won't make us rich
But damn it how happy we'll be!
Edward Monkton

Member of the Ish Weight Loss Club since 10/1/11 Started at 12st 8 and have lost 8lb so far!

MKG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Inept is the word I'd use too. And the whole thing is so unreal. Marching the men off to war was a good idea, but then marching them ALL back again just made a joke of it all. Plus allowing baker-lady to cheat and buy butter. And I'm confused about the object of the exercise - is it really an attempt to make the people of Shepton Mallet love their old high street (in which case, how are they going to follow it up?) or is it just more Greg TV? I think I'll stick with the Edwardian Farm.

The one good thing to come out of it so far is the (surprising?) revelation that people like to be treated with respect when shopping. Well, knock me down with a feather!

Mike
The secret of life is to aim below the head (With thanks to MMM)

Green Aura
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 58.569279
longitude: -4.762620

Sorry millims haven't seen any of it - can't bear Greg Thingy (I much preferred his partner on that veg thing they used to do but he seems to have disappeared :( ).

But I saw the first episode of Edwardian Farm last night and it promises to be every bit as good as the Victorian Farm. :cheers:
Maggie

Never doubt that you can change history. You already have. Marge Piercy

Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage. Anais Nin