Dave on Working Lunch - watch again on iPlayer

Do you think The Good Life could be remade, with me or Dave playing Tom Good (maybe not!)? If you have seen something on TV or heard something on the radio recently that you want to talk about, tell us here.
eccentric_emma
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: Dave on Working Lunch - watch again on iPlayer

They did ask some silly questions! She seemed to be trying to prove that it wasn't worth the hassle! Odd.

I was surprised though Dave when you said about having a cigarette break and working on your garden then as I won't let any of my smoker friends touch my plants until they've washed their hands as I've noticed that nicotine harms them! A couple of friends of mine (one a smoker, one a non smoker) showed this when they each planted half a pack of seeds each and the smokers seeds didn't grow. Maybe it was a mad coincidence.
Off grid retreats, rustic cottages, yoga holidays and more in the midst of nature in Central Portugal

http://www.pureportugalholidays.com

ina

red wrote: well maybe but really they used to explain stuff on shares etc.. now she is asking if all the vegetables you grow will come all at once... pleeeeeeeease......
Just shows how stupid she is... :roll:
Ina
I'm a size 10, really; I wear a 20 for comfort. (Gina Yashere)

Dave
Site Admin
Site Admin

I won't let any of my smoker friends touch my plants until they've washed their hands as I've noticed that nicotine harms them!
Good point, It's manly Solanaceous plants smokey hands harm - like tomatoes, potatoes, cape gooseberry, peppers etc as tobacco is in the same family and can pass on tobacco mosaic virus.
I think just watering or general weeding whilst smoking a fag or two wouldn't hurt the plants. It's funny I said that on air as I chose to quit the next day - I'm crawling the walls at the moment!!!!

StripyPixieSocks

Dave wrote:It's funny I said that on air as I chose to quit the next day - I'm crawling the walls at the moment!!!!
YAY keep at it... good luck *tries not to annoy Dave while he's off the fags*

*smiles sweetly*

*legs it*

:mrgreen: