The Foragers Field Guide on TV

Do you think The Good Life could be remade, with me or Dave playing Tom Good (maybe not!)? If you have seen something on TV or heard something on the radio recently that you want to talk about, tell us here.
Millymollymandy
A selfsufficientish Regular

The Foragers Field Guide on TV

Is anyone watching this prog? It was on last night on ITV (West) and has been running for several weeks.

It's a great little programme taking you round the hedgerows and fields of England and showing what you can pick and some cooking with the goodies too.

I finally thanks to this prog now know what a damson is exactly, and I've got one!!! I wondered what was the funny little purple plum that wasn't exactly appetising - they said it wasn't that nice to eat but makes wonderful jam - so I hope I get enough next year! Also explains why I've never seen this type of plum in the supermarket.

Shirley

Haven't seen that one MMM - will have to look to see when it's on up here but it sounds excellent.

Damsons are FANTASTIC - they just need heat to bring out their flavour. Short season each year, which can be hampered by the spring frosts :( but you can make loads of stuff with them - even damson gin (like sloe gin), damson cheese which is heavenly, damsons as a cooked fruit with a slosh of gin for good measure - beginning to sound like an alcoholic :mrgreen:

Definitely worth growing that's for sure.
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/