The Good Life on DVD

Do you think The Good Life could be remade, with me or Dave playing Tom Good (maybe not!)? If you have seen something on TV or heard something on the radio recently that you want to talk about, tell us here.
Boots
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

The Good Life on DVD

Went to see my Liverpiddlian friend today (who lives here in Aus), and told her about this site. Asked her why on earth I can't remember ever seeing The Good Life, when I remember The Goodies and The Manor Born....

She immediatley burst into "Oh you would love it!" and then set about sharing two hours of very animated re-runs, which had us both giggling and now have me absolutely certain I must source this...

She suggested the ABC shop, so am off now to see what I can find online. Are there any Aussies here that know who stocks the DVD, or where I could try?

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Just did a quick google for you and found this

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/778939
First we sow the seeds, nature grows the seeds then we eat the seeds. Neil Pye
My best selling Homebrew book Booze for Free
and...... Twitter
The Other Andy Hamilton - Drinks & Foraging

Leanne
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

the complete series dvd set is available on www.play.com. cant remeber exactly how much it is now but its around £40 something pounds instead of the RRP of £70 something pounds, and free delivery too.
Leanne

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Leanne wrote:the complete series dvd set is available on www.play.com. cant remeber exactly how much it is now but its around £40 something pounds instead of the RRP of £70 something pounds, and free delivery too.

I thought of mentioning play.com but on furhter inspection they don't seem to post outside Europe. I guess if it works out cheaper you could send it to one of us brits and we could send it on.
and...... Twitter

Wombat
Site Admin
Site Admin

I tried to get the Good Life here and tried the ABC shop but to no avail! I ended up importing from the UK but it won't play on my DVD (wrong zone or something) and I can only watch it on my daughters computer!

Bugger!

Nev
Garden shed technology rules! - Muddypause

Our website on living more sustainably in the suburbs! - http://www.underthechokotree.com/

Andy Hamilton
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wombat wrote:I ended up importing from the UK but it won't play on my DVD (wrong zone or something) and I can only watch it on my daughters computer!

Bugger!

Nev
There are some sites that offer hacks for DVD players to make them multi regional, not sure about the legalities of this though. Try a quick google, but I can't pay your bail :wink:
and...... Twitter

Wombat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks mate!
Garden shed technology rules! - Muddypause

Our website on living more sustainably in the suburbs! - http://www.underthechokotree.com/