Everything is Blooming in Scotland

Anything to do with growing herbs and vegetables goes here.
ladykathryn
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Everything is Blooming in Scotland

My cabbage didn't do well but my lettuce is Brilliant and big, my Spinich is beautiful the sweet peas are growing tall, the roses are coming out, the herbs are just too herby for words, the flowers are all trying hard to bloom the strawberries have LARGE flowers waiting for the bees to sneak by, the tomatoes are big and getting ready to flower, my glads are happy, and we have three sets of nesting birds that are doing beautifully...can you tell I'm excited. I can't wait until my purple carrots are ready already nibbled on some lovely radishes. YUMMMY!!

I am so proud of my wee garden patch and all the stuff that is doing well. I am making lists already for next year. Great stuff.

:flower: :cheers: :flower:
Gardens are like people, they need love, warmth, food and care, and always are their best when shared with others!

Annpan
Site Admin
Site Admin

bugger...

I think I planted everything too late, my tomatoes are tiny, stawberries have 1 flower, lettuces are small and herbs are also tiny, sweet peas are huge though (shame they're not edible) :cry: :cry: :cry:

Very happy for you though ladykathryn :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Ann Pan

"Some days you're the dog,
some days you're the lamp-post"

My blog
My Tea Cosy Shop
Some photos
My eBay

Shirley
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

Sounds great LK - we are not as far advanced as that, although the strawberries do have flowers, as do some of the other soft fruits.

I LOVE sweet peas... are yours the everlasting or annuals? We get a lot of wind up here (in the garden, not a personal affliction) and I wonder whether sweet peas would last very long.
Shirley
NEEPS! North East Eco People's Site

My photos on Flickr

Don't forget to check out the Ish gallery on Flickr - and add your own photos there too. http://www.flickr.com/groups/selfsufficientish/

ohareward
Living the good life
Living the good life

I have a small patch of garden at the end of the raspberries planted with sweetpeas. They keep seeding and keep coming up each year. We are coming into winter and they are up about 10cm. I love the smell.

Robin
'You know you are a hard-core gardener if you deadhead flowers in other people's gardens.

To err is human. To blame someone else, is management potential.

ladykathryn
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Sweet peas and other items

Since this is my first garden I have both kinds, annuals etc. So I am hoping for an even better garden next year. To keep the wind from trashing em totally as I live on a hill I got one of those expandable willow fences from B&Q and put posts in deeply tying them up as they grow. Makes an nice sweet pea hollow for them to live in. It's wide enough for me to weed inbetween the rows.

I have them growing near the tayberries and raspberries. My blue berries are taking shape I have three types that should keep me in blueberry muffins until late in the season!

I had a fancy gazeebo that had broken zippers on the mesh so I ripped away and saved the mesh bits to cover all my fruit in my garden. Its sturdy and looks quite tidy when covering em from the birds. I like to share but they are simply too greedy for me!

I had another lovely salad with my veggie pepper steak and chips tonight it was braw!! The radishes were huge and very light in flavour. Nothing better than something that tender and fresh! :flower:
Gardens are like people, they need love, warmth, food and care, and always are their best when shared with others!