What veg have you planted out so far?

Anything to do with growing herbs and vegetables goes here.
RunnerBean
Tom Good
Tom Good

What veg have you planted out so far?

I've grown a lot more from seed this year, and I know it's very warm this week but I don't want to jump the gun! I've heard it's going to get cooler next week, especially at night. Has anyone else planted out courgettes, squash, cucumbers, onions, leeks, tomatoes, peppers or chillis yet? All mine have been grown indoors from seed except the peppers, I bought those because my seeds didn't come up. Thanks :icon_smile:

Pumkinpie
Living the good life
Living the good life
latitude: 52.8
longitude: 1.6

Re: What veg have you planted out so far?

My home grown, peppers , toms , beans ect are all on the back yard at the moment so I can cover them at night if I need to. Should be utting them out in the next week or so

Zech
Site Admin
Site Admin
latitude: 52.36
longitude: -3.84

I've had shallots out for a while, and I planted out some leeks yesterday, because I need the space in the greenhouse. I'm holding fire on the squash and courgettes for a while, though. I don't ever put tomatoes outside here, though if we have another summer like last year, perhaps I could.
---
Rachel

Take nobody's word for it, especially not mine! If I offer you an ID of something based on a photo, please treat it as a guess, and a starting point for further investigations.

My blog: http://growingthingsandmakingthings.blogspot.com/

RunnerBean
Tom Good
Tom Good

Well, the weather forecast for next week has changed so I've gone for it... everything in except the leeks, they are still quite small. I've put out my marigolds too to keep the bugs away. Just waiting for the sunflowers to get a bit bigger now so they can hold their own against the slugs.

Thanks for the tips! Maybe next week I might be able to relax in my garden.... nah, I always spot a weed :lol:

Flo
A selfsufficientish Regular

I've had peas, runner beans and onion sets out for months. The salad stuff like lettuces, salad leaves, rocket, radish have been a bit later. The red cabbage have been out for a bit too along with a few trial celeriac and celery plants.

Most of the herbs are in situ all year. There's sprouts and bolotti beans coming along. My runner beans have gone into little pots late.

mamos
Living the good life
Living the good life

We have planted out runner beans, beetroot, broad beans, sun flowers and turnips at the moment. We were hoping to plant a load more out this weekend but the weather has been pants.

mamos
If you are interested in Self Reliance, Frugal Living, Gardening and becoming Debt Free, follow my Blog Tiny Allotment

bonniethomas06

Come hell or high water, my runners and butternuts are going out this weekend. The French beans I direct sowed have come up, so I would think it is OK to plant other tender things out by now?
"A pretty face is fine, but what a farmer needs is a woman who can carry a pig under each arm"

My blog...

http://www.theparttimesmallholder.blogspot.com

RunnerBean
Tom Good
Tom Good

My french bean packets says it's OK to sow direct now. Mine were sown indoors, only one has come up though. I blimming love French beans too :angryfire: