Probably the most efficient ECO homes......

Either you have a related website or you want to promote a website, whatever, stick it here. Adult related and other dodgy stuff will be deleted. Otherwise, carry on and tell us about yourselves. Please don't make this your only post, if your company does fit in then we believe you will too.
devon.dave
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Probably the most efficient ECO homes......

Ive just found this site via another forum, you know how it goes......
My Wife and I are about to emigrate to Spain, not to a Villa with a pool on one of the Costas, but to a Cavehouse in the beautiful countryside of Andalucia.
There are thousands of these cave houses, carved into the sides of the hills and mountains. They date back hundreds of years, when they were built for the peasant farmers. They keep a constant 17to 19deg when the outside temperatures range from -15deg to 40deg plus. Todays cavehouses can have mains or solar electrcity, broadband, in fact everything you would expect here in the UK.
We came across them purely by chance while on holiday, and decided this is our future. They are cheap to buy and 'run'!
So this site will help us no end, as we will try to be self sufficient where we can.
If you would like any more details on these cave houses, the forum is http://caveliving.forummotion.com/ You will need to register, but it only takes a minute. Im also going to keep a blog, which ive started http://www.funkycave.co.uk/
I have put a link to here on the caveliving forum, so hopefully you'll see some modern trogladytes pop in here too.
Hope you enjoy the links. :wave:

Pumpkin&Piglet
Living the good life
Living the good life
latitude: 56 degrees North
longitude: 2 degrees West

Re: Probably the most efficient ECO homes......

Sounds fantastic!
Think my husband would take some convincing but I think I will be following your journey
Thank you.
Oh - and good luck!

devon.dave
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

You should book a holiday in one, you wont need any convincing. Thats how it started for us! Ive got a massive amount of catching up to do with my blog, so keep an eye on it :sunny:

devon.dave
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Biscombe
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Hi! I'm quite close to you, I live in Orgiva!

devon.dave
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Hi :wave: I see you have a chilli farm! We aren't there yet. Moving over in January. Cant wait! :sunny: