For smokers only.

Either you have a related website or you want to promote a website, whatever, stick it here. Adult related and other dodgy stuff will be deleted. Otherwise, carry on and tell us about yourselves. Please don't make this your only post, if your company does fit in then we believe you will too.
southeast-isher
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: For smokers only.

How's it going with the snus Boboff? And MKG, you still use nasal snuff?

midi
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

I wonder if anyone's grown their own 'baccy and processed it for private use (ie for use in a pipe in my case) here in British isles ?
I dont mean all the 'wacky' stuff in these police documentaries...that's not for me,and its not tobacco! :) :)

southeast-isher

midi wrote:I wonder if anyone's grown their own 'baccy and processed it for private use (ie for use in a pipe in my case) here in British isles ?
I dont mean all the 'wacky' stuff in these police documentaries...that's not for me,and its not tobacco! :) :)
This guy Chris Gurney grew it for himself but i believe you have to declare it to the tax man thanks to King James but i may be wrong.

http://www.croydonguardian.co.uk/news/6 ... _a_packet/

midi
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

S-I Thanks for that link...that leaf is amazing,lol M

MKG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yep - an amazing leaf ... and nowhere near the size most of us humans will expect to grow. I've got some whoppers at the moment, but they don't get anywhere near that.

@SE - yes, I'm still snuffing away merrily and thoroughly enjoying it (well, at least I was until I tried the Dholakia Black. One sniff really cleared my nose and I realised just how many camels are depositing their droppings outside my house :lol: )

Mike

EDIT: On taxation ... Silly as it may sound, tax is not levied until the point at which you SHRED the tobacco for smoking. No shred, no tax. Snuff, which is ground, is not subject to the same taxation as tobacco shredded for smoking. Strictly speaking, nor is a tobacco leaf which is dried and then crumbled by hand.
The secret of life is to aim below the head (With thanks to MMM)

southeast-isher

I've ran out of snus and thanks to UPS not delivering i'm facing a meltdown situation :shaking:

boboff

Pm me Se, I can pop a pot in the post, if you are in need.

Loving the Taboco at the min!
Millymollymandy wrote:Bloody smilies, always being used. I hate them and they should be banned.
No I won't use a smiley because I've decided to turn into Boboff, as he's turned all nice all of a sudden. Grumble grumble.
http://boboffs.blogspot.co.uk/

southeast-isher

Thanks Boboff - someone has already sent me some today before 12 so i hope it might be here in the morning. Cheers for the offer.

Yeah Toboca make good snus... i've had the Montecristo and the Romeo Y Julietta Senor... both around 11mg so a bit more of a punch than the 8mg standard.

southeast-isher

Try making or buying eucalyptus nasal snuff MKG. I love it.

http://www.mysmokingshop.co.uk/index2.p ... 5&sec=1057

southeast-isher

Smokeless tobacco is as harmful/harmless as coffee!

http://rodutobaccotruth.blogspot.com/20 ... s.html?m=1

southeast-isher

:-)

Why anything can be addictive
By Dr Mark Griffiths Gambling studies expert, Nottingham Trent University

For many people the concept of addiction involves taking drugs such as alcohol, nicotine, cocaine and heroin.

But in this week's Scrubbing Up, gambling studies expert Mark Griffiths warns that if the rewards are there people can become addicted to almost anything.

For the past 25 years I have been studying gambling and I passionately believe that gambling at its most extreme is just as addictive as any drug.

The social and health costs of problem gambling are large and have many things in common with more traditional addictions, including moodiness, relationship problems, absenteeism from work, domestic violence, and bankruptcy.

Health effects - for gamblers and their partners - include anxiety and depression, insomnia, intestinal disorders, migraine, stress related disorders, stomach problems, and suicidal thoughts.

If behaviours like gambling can become a genuine addiction, there is no theoretical reason why some people might not become genuinely addicted to activities like video games, work or exercise.

Research on pathological gamblers has reported at least one physical side effect when they undergo withdrawal, including insomnia, headaches, loss of appetite, physical weakness, heart palpitations, muscle aches, breathing difficulty, and chills.

In fact, pathological gamblers appear to experience more physical withdrawal effects when attempting to stop their behaviour when compared directly with drug addicts.
'Most important thing'

But when does an excessive healthy enthusiasm become an addiction?
Continue reading the main story
“Start Quote

Behavioural addictions can be just as serious as drug addictions”

Dr Mark Griffiths

Excessive behaviour on its own does not mean someone is addicted.

I can think of lots of people who engage in excessive activities but I wouldn't class them as addicts as they don't appear to experience any detrimental effects from engaging in the behaviour.

In a nutshell, the fundamental difference between excessive enthusiasm and addiction is that healthy enthusiasms add to life whereas addiction takes away from it.

For any behaviour to be defined as addictive, there have to be specific consequences such as it becoming the most important activity in the person's life or being the way they improve their mood.

They may also begin to need to do more and more of the activity over time to feel the effects, and experience physical and psychological withdrawal symptoms if they can't do it.

This may lead to conflict with work and personal responsibilities, and people may even experience "relapses" if they try to give up.

The way addictions develop - whether chemical or behavioural - is complex.

Addictive behaviour develops from a combination of a person's biological/genetic predisposition, the social environment they were brought up in, their psychological constitution - such as personality factors, attitudes, expectations and beliefs, and the activity itself.

Many behavioural addictions are "hidden" addictions. Unlike, say, alcoholism, there is no slurred speech and no stumbling into work.

However, behavioural addiction is a health issue that needs to be taken seriously by all those in the health and medical profession.

If the main aim of practitioners is to ensure the health of their patients, then an awareness of behavioural addiction and the issues surrounding it should be an important part of basic knowledge and training.

Behavioural addictions can be just as serious as drug addictions.

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Can someone point me to a link for snus? I've never heard of it before.

I've got an ecigarette - the ones that have cartridges that produce steam. they're really good! All the different flavours are amazing and if you use one for a while, the room smells more like a hookah shop :)

I've got a hookah as well...I love my hookah!

southeast-isher

the.fee.fairy wrote:Can someone point me to a link for snus? I've never heard of it before.

I've got an ecigarette - the ones that have cartridges that produce steam. they're really good! All the different flavours are amazing and if you use one for a while, the room smells more like a hookah shop :)

I've got a hookah as well...I love my hookah!
hi, i would suggest you go here and either look and/or post up a thread:

http://www.snuson.com/forum/forum.php

They are a nice bunch.

With the ecig you are likely to be getting just your nicotine not the other maoi alkaloids in tobacco which most ex-smokers crave... unless of course you are using whole leaf tobacco ejuice which i highly doubt as it's new on the scene.

Combustion in smoke is the worst for you. Not snus or ecigs.

southeast-isher

FeeFairy, bit of info for you (on dip not snus but snus will be the same)
I used to live in China, shipping from US to China usually takes 2-3 weeks. I believe 200g of loose tobacco is the limit, if dip is counted as loose tobacco...I'm not sure. Cheers.
from: http://www.snuson.com/forum/showthread. ... ghai-China

the.fee.fairy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thank you!

I've never found the other compounds to be a problem with the addiction. The addiction i seem to have is the 'hit' as it hits your lungs. I've tried other stop-smoking stuff before (not that I'm overly bothered about stopping) and i miss the 'hit' if you like.

The e-cigs definitely help in that regard, and they smell better.

Up in this part of China the only cigarettes around are rough and smell quite strong. My e-cig is about 200 miles away in my old place at the moment :(

I'll have a look on the website i use to buy stuff here. I'm surprised every time i look and can find what i want. It's just the translating that i need to work out to search for it :)