Etsy Shop

Either you have a related website or you want to promote a website, whatever, stick it here. Adult related and other dodgy stuff will be deleted. Otherwise, carry on and tell us about yourselves. Please don't make this your only post, if your company does fit in then we believe you will too.
Helsbells
A selfsufficientish Regular

Etsy Shop

Hi folks,

I haven't been around because I have been working on my blog http://serendipitychild.blogspot.com/and a few other bits a pieces. So now I am going to shamelessly promote myself here is the hope that I might get a few visitors.
At the moment I only havea couple of tiems on my blog, but hope to have a few more up in the coming days.
Here it is:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/serendipitychi ... _usernames

xx

Nomada
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: Etsy Shop

I love the banner and background to your blog, and the crafty content, plus how good is that living room with the bookcases full of fabric! Must. decorate. like. that. thanks for showing it. Let me know how the shop goes, it's something I've wanted to do for a while, signed up but never had the time/nerve to list anything yet. good luck!
England is not a Free People, till the Poor that have no Land, have a free allowance to dig and labour the Commons.

Helsbells

Thanks so much for checking out my blog. I am really quite scared about starting up the Etsy shop because I am nto sure how I will feel if nothing sells! I am not great at promoting myself, nor do I really know how to. I really hope I sell something!! I enjoy doing the blog so much though and have become totally addicted to looking at other peoples blogs, its really enjoyable, I never realised that the world is so full of really creative women.

(n.b. and men probably, but I don't look at their blogs)

fran
Living the good life
Living the good life

Lovely blog and I like the bits that you have in your Etsy shop. Good luck with the site and I will be visiting again. :thumbright:
Working towards living the dream on a barge.

my blog about the barge: http://www.fran-bonnieofclyde.blogspot.com

Nomada
Living the good life
Living the good life

Helsbels, there is a podcast called craftypod with a ton of advice about marketing your etsy shop etc that might be useful for you
England is not a Free People, till the Poor that have no Land, have a free allowance to dig and labour the Commons.

Helsbells

Thanks so much, I will definately have a look.

Julysea
Tom Good
Tom Good

Have you also thought about a Folksy shop? It's the UK version of Etsy - not sure where you're based, but if it's UK you might find it cheaper and easier in terms of postage.
Liz

becks77

Hi,
That's really lovely, I like the heart music garland very much. There is also a selling site called CorriandR (I think)
Best of luck hope all works out
Becks
"no-one can make you feel inferior without your permission"

Helsbells

Hi Julysea,
Yes I have registered with Folksy as well, btu I am not sure it is a good idea to advertise the same items on both websites, what if I sold them both at the same time? (this is clearly wishful thinking seeing as I have not actually sold anything yet, but I am trying to think positive).
Thanks for the tip Becks77 I will check it out.

p.s. I am UK based, live in Reading, Berkshire.

xx

citizentwiglet

I'm loving your Rupert badges sooooooooooooooooooo much!

I'm going to add you to my blogroll, your blog is wonderful.
I took my dog to play frisbee. She was useless. I think I need a flatter dog.

http://reflectionsinraindrops.wordpress.com - My blog
http://www.bothwellscarecrowfestival.co.uk - Scarecrow Festival
http://bothwellcommunitygarden.wordpress.com - Community Garden

jim
Living the good life
Living the good life

Dear Helsbells,

So glad you've made the step. Hope this will compensate for all the crap that teaching has heaped upon you. Keep it up!!

Love and Peace
Jim
The law will punish man or woman
Who steals the goose from off the Common
But lets that greater thief go loose
Who steals the Common from the goose.

Helsbells

Thanks so much CT, I hope other people do too!

Thanks Jim, this is my first step towards getting out. I have realised that it is not going to happen over night and its going to be a lot of work but I really hope that sometime soon I will get there.
x

Annpan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Had a quick look at your shop Helen :mrgreen: looks fab. You should try to join in with the UK chat thread in the forums over there, I have made loads of friends there in the past year or so and they all help promoting each other.

I have put my shop on hold while the building work gets finished but I have found it very rewarding.

On the matter of other online outlets, I have tried Coriandr and Folksy, but was not particularly happy with either of them - there is also Dewanda, Misi, Artfire and a few others - they all have there good and bad points you just need to find what works for you. I personally found my sales were much better on Etsy, so I stuck with it.

Good luck :)
Ann Pan

"Some days you're the dog,
some days you're the lamp-post"

My blog
My Tea Cosy Shop
Some photos
My eBay

Helsbells

Thanks Annpan,
I really can't get over how helpful everyone is, there are so many people out there who are willing to give advice, it's great.
I have thought a lot about the message you sent me a while ago actually, I am so glad you advised me about photographing my stuff well (although I am still learning). And even more what you said about spending more time promoting yourself, and networking than actaully making. This is soooo true. All this is such a learning curve.

red

I've struggled with photos.. I find I have to take ages to show the colours to be true - particularly important when selling yarn and fibre I think My best pictures are still taken outside.. which is bad news if it rains constantly! But I'm getting there.

I'm building a shop that sells in £s too.

I now exactly what you mean about having the same item in more than one shop.. but it seems lots of people do it.

think it will take a while to work out what people like.. what will sell, what is worth doing. getting a few sales in is definitely a boost.

Promoting and networking.. not my forte... We were approached by a local shop to do local handspun, and sold some straight away.. shocked us both!

good luck - and btw i like your driftwood mirror :icon_smile:
Red

I like like minded people... a bit like minded anyway.. well people with bits of their minds that are like the bits of my mind that I like...

my website: colour it green

etsy shop

blog