Electric generation from home fire?

If you know of a way to help save our planet, even just a small part of it put it here. Also if you want to ask how to help, or even if you want to promote your environmental organisation. All goes here.
mountaingirl
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

Electric generation from home fire?

:flower: My friend has a boiler at the back of her fire but I wondered if a small steam pipe off that boiler calibrated to a high pressure could drive a dynamo and so add to the houses energy?
mountaingirl. :cat:

judyofthewoods
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

Probably negligable amounts of power from a home fire, and steam boilers need to be very strong, and there is the danger of explosions if any pressure relief valve should fail. I'd say, if worth doing at all, its an advanced job, wouldn't tackle it myself. A sterling engine would be safer, but probably less effiecient. And one other type of generator that comes to mind is a peltier thermoelectric unit. Expensive though.
Greetings from Judy of the Woods

mountaingirl

:flower: What I have done Judy is to get the new landlord to get the cen heating engineer to join the solid fuel range to the cen heating so that they both heat the same radiators.....thats the best I could think of.
mountaingirl. :cat: