Siop y Bobl

If you know of a way to help save our planet, even just a small part of it put it here. Also if you want to ask how to help, or even if you want to promote your environmental organisation. All goes here.
ocailleagh
Living the good life
Living the good life

Siop y Bobl

Hey :) I just wanted to let people know (especially those in the Cardiff, Wales area) about a project I'm involved in called Siop y Bobl (The Shop of the People). Inspired by the likes of People's Supermarket, we aim to be opening a store by the end of the year in order to sell ethical and sustainable produce, locally sourced where possible, while remaining affordable and supporting the local community :)
Here's our FB link :)

https://www.facebook.com/siopybobl

We're currently looking for support and help of all kinds from the people of Cardiff, so if you can help, get in touch :)
Harm None!

ocailleagh
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: Siop y Bobl

Siop y Bobl, Cardiff needs your help!

Join our Sourcing group and become a part of the team that is finding the local, high quality, and ethical products for Siop y Bobl.

We usually meet on Monday evenings (though not every week) and there are a few hours worth of homework given out at each meeting (actual amount will vary!).
Ideally, you will have experience of the food retail industry, a passion for, and good understanding of food-based ethics, a love of community, and free time!

Please contact us asap with your details.
Harm None!

EcoSam
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Hey, sounds like an interesting project - I shall follow with interest :icon_smile:

marshlander
A selfsufficientish Regular
A selfsufficientish Regular

Sadly I'm rather a long way away but I wish you every success.

There's shed loads of info to help you set up or develop a community food enterprise here, scroll down to local food shops and you'll find a guide to opening a wholefood co-operative written by Unicorn Grocery and another guide which uses Hugh Fernley Whatsit's River Cottage's shop as a model.
http://www.makinglocalfoodwork.co.uk/pr ... olkits.cfm
Terri x
“I'd rather be a little weird than all boring.”
Rebecca McKinsey