Garden Threats

If you know of a way to help save our planet, even just a small part of it put it here. Also if you want to ask how to help, or even if you want to promote your environmental organisation. All goes here.
dane_c1987
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Garden Threats

Hi all,

I just recently wrote an article detailing the issues surrounding modern day gardens (mainly in the UK).

You can find it on this garden sheds infoblog. Main areas of interest are Rhododendron ponticum, climate change and the citrus longhorn beetle.

Please let me know what you think - it would be very beneficial to hear from people more knowledgeable on the subject than I!

Thanks,

Dane

MKG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Garden Threats

Well, I was a bit surprised at the last one, Dane. Moles may be a pest, but a threat? Of such magnitude as to be listed with the other four? I think maybe not - unless you also want to include the neighbour's cat, the neighbour's ivy and, in some cases, the neighbour. Or Giant Hogweed, Japanese knotweed, even nettles and ground elder, all of which are a bit of a bugger to get rid of.

Apart from that, the article reads well :iconbiggrin:

Mike
The secret of life is to aim below the head (With thanks to MMM)

chickenchargrill
Living the good life
Living the good life

Re: Garden Threats

Japanese knotweed a 'bit' of a bugger to get rid of? I'd list that as the biggest threat to the garden having waged war with the damnable stuff for 3 years.