In what way are you naughty?

If you know of a way to help save our planet, even just a small part of it put it here. Also if you want to ask how to help, or even if you want to promote your environmental organisation. All goes here.
Flo
A selfsufficientish Regular

Re: In what way are you naughty?

Good grief I thought that my naughty habits of huffing people and giving back word were what was required here not my non green, non ish bad habits.

I'd say that my bad habits other than above are being so busy trying to be ish and green instead of getting out there campaigning for more ways to enable the UK to be more self sufficient and leading protests at the lack of proper green ethics/policy in places where green can have a beneficial effect on the world. In other words - not seeing the wood for the trees.

brett53
Barbara Good
Barbara Good

i been VERY naughty today - pumping cans of foam filler into window frames which where not sealed by the Muppet's who put the aluminium windows in this place ( before my time ) - and swearing a LOT at the bodgers who fitted said windows into old sash frames instead of ripping them out completely and doing a proper job - course they have gone rotten in places - so carpentry skills to the fore - hands covered in crazy foam ( what i call foam filler ) - and WHY is it the gloves provided with this stuff NEVER keeps it off you hands ????

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH i hate the stuff - takes days to get it off and much scrubbing - but needs must - at least now the drafts have stopped on the windows i have done - and the rain wont come in any more ( i hope ) - oh how i wish i could afford to have the lot ripped out and double glazing installed - any one got this weeks winning lottery numbers ?? :lol: :lol:

oh and of course now i have to redecorate all the new bits and where i have had to cut away

ho hum - NAUGHTY ?? - driving me NUTTY more like :banghead: :banghead:
the validity of ones ideas are best measured by the resistance they attract

and if enough people tell you are WRONG - do it ANYWAY !!

bonniethomas06

Oh god...

1. DIET COKE - much like ciggarettes in that it gives you cancer and costs you money and is addictive (and destroys your teath etc etc). Was once drinking 6 cans a day, since new yrs resolution have only had about 5 this year, so getting there. Not much point in eating organically when you drink this rotgut.

2. I too drive 50 miles (round trip) to work - we car share when we can on/off. I would much prefer the train but it is double the price of driving :banghead:

3. Lastly, and possibly the worst, about once a year, when I am broke but have a really special party/event to go to, I give in and buy something from.....Primark :pale: . I justify it to myself because I try where possible to buy second hand clothes or from reputable companies like Howies, but really there is no excuse and I know I should give that one up.
"A pretty face is fine, but what a farmer needs is a woman who can carry a pig under each arm"

My blog...

http://www.theparttimesmallholder.blogspot.com

indy
Living the good life
Living the good life

I have a tumble drier which I do use occasionally
I don't have as much insulation as I would like
I don't have the renewable energy that I would like
I use the washing machine too much
Sing like nobody's listening, live like there's no tomorrow, dance like nobody's watching and love like you've never been hurt.

Flo

brett53 wrote:i been VERY naughty today
Since when was repairing naughty? Sometimes cash flow and ethics meet. Sounds about right to me.

Sadoldhippy
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie
Jerry - Bit higher than newbie

I buy spiced rum, although I homebrew, mead just takes too long! I am making turbo cider as an alternative to buying in (although the juice here comes in tetrapak :-( )

Chocolate

Too much PC time, all that energy powering those servers.

I am sure I have more bad habits.
My blog: http://environmentchaos.blogspot.co.uk
Comments appreciated :-)

Big Al

high heals, black stocking, suspenders and skimpy underware....... but don't tell the missus....
Member of the Ishloss weight group 2013. starting weight 296.00 pounds on 01.01.2013. Now minus 0.20 pounds total THIS WEEK - 0.20 pounds Now over 320 pounds and couldn't give a fig...
Secret Asparagus binger

JessieMac
Tom Good
Tom Good

Big Al................She knows you know...........shows my age that does. :oops:

becky3086
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Humm, not sure you all are going to like me at all. Your "naughties" seem kind of tame to me, lol.

1)We buy local if there is anything local to buy but I am sure a lot of the stuff that I buy doesn't even come from the US.
2)I use styraphome plates and paper towels. It is just so much easier and when my daughter Michelle does dishes she has the stupid idea that they don't come clean unless the water runs constantly :scratch: so I keep the paper plates to save on water.
3)I have a dryer and don't use anything else. The ants are horrible here and when I have tried to have a clothes line,they invade it and use it as their own person highway.
4)I used weed killer for the first time this year. I am tired of fighting the poison ivy around the garden fence (we are not talking just a little bit here, it covers everything out there and then runs into the garden to kill my plants. It worked really well).
5)We buy bottled water. I want the new filtered thing that puts it in bottles for you that they are advertising on tv now but they want $37.44 for it and that will just have to wait.
6)We drive everywhere. There are no trains here. I drive 20 minutes to work each day in one car. Phil drives 45 minutes in the other, that is pretty normal here. However one car is a 4 cylinder the other is an 8. We don't drive the van anymore unless we have to.
7)We buy lots of boxed, microwavable food here, also very common here but I do have to say that I think we buy a lot less than the average American. Today they had waffles on sale (buy one get one free) but I knew I had all the stuff to make them and mine are better for you so I was good and didn't get them. (geez, now I have to make waffles!).
8)I bought plants for my garden this year, even though I have a little greenhouse I could have started my own in.
9)We don't "recycle" much though we do reuse things. There aren't really any recycling places around. You can sell cans to the can man in town and you can take plastic bags back to wal-mart (but I do have my doubts about what wal-mart actually does with them). The kids used to collect the cans for a little money but they don't anymore an I quit with the bags because I kept having all the piles of bags everywhere because I would forget to take them back. I also used to have all these cloth bags to take to the stores but I found that I seldom remembered to use them. Oh and all our stores are supermarkets (there are three of them in town right now).
10)We use air conditioning all summer long(3 of them) (this is Georgia people) but do turn it off when it is nice out again.
11)I bought a bunch of fake autumn flowers today, just because they were pretty(to give myself a little credit though, I also bought stuff to make homemade Christmas presents as well).

I think I could go on but will stop there.

oldjerry

loads of things but worst of all I regularly go to the pub and drink loads of fizzy lager when I've got gallons of homemade alcohol at home...............then when I get home I drink that as well.

old tree man
latitude: 54.5619 N
longitude: 0.9874 W
Facebook Name: Don't have one

naughty mmmmmmmmmmmm
1 love fish & chips from the chippy
2 i was really lazy yesterday i drove to my mates who lives under a mile away (my knees were playing up ) :oops:
3 i often fall asleep in the bath while reading :mrgreen:
:flower: :flower:
Respect to all, be kind to all and you shall reap what you sow.
old tree man,
aka..... Russ

Schitzwa
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

1) I love those antibacterial wipe things. I have 3 different kinds in my house. Wipes to polish my furnishing's, wipes to clean the toilet with and wipes to disinfect the kitchen. Bad I know.
2) I own a flash power mop and I use it.
3) I buy small bin liners for the bathroom and bedroom bins.
4) I use supermarket bags for cat litter disposal.
6) Both my children have always used disposable nappies and wipes..and nappy sacks.

I can't think of anything else..thankfully.

selfsuffclub
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

I passed some apples from our own garden that my parents brought me for some bananas from the supermarket (I wish we could grow bananas here *sigh*).

Millymollymandy

Where are you located? Could you please put your location in your profile as we have members all over the world so when people say 'here' it could be Australia, Norway or Canada. :dontknow: :iconbiggrin:
boboff wrote:Oh and just for MMM, :hugish: (thanks)
http://chateaumoorhen.blogspot.com/

selfsuffclub
margo - newbie
margo - newbie

Will do, thanks. I'm in Eastern Europe.